Friday, March 18, 2011

Aquaponics Video

Here is our aquaponics set up! I got the pump yesterday, so set it up and have had it running for 24 hours or so. It is a very exciting time in my ag program. The video does have a lot of umms and aahs for an ag teacher. I am supposed to be a better speaker than that! Stay tuned for updates.

On a letter writing note, I have been sharing progress of this project with my penpals, some of who might actually read this. If you do read this, please leave a comment so I know that someone is reading my pitiful little blog!

4 comments:

  1. I just want to say that it took about 1 hour to upload this video! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very cool Troy! The fish do seem very active and happy. Do you have to feed them or do they eat what comes out in the water? Your kids did a great job on all of it! The stand is really cool too! The pet store says for every inch of fish you need 2 gallons of water. 5 is perfect I'll bet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feed them 3 times per day. I need to build an auto feeder so I don't have to go over on weekends. Check my facebook page for more information.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your system is very interesting. I am sure your students are jazzed about the project! Congrats on getting it up and running!

    ReplyDelete