Thursday, March 15, 2012

Back and well, it wasn't that long! Working on a book

Hi all, I'm back. I guess my hiatus was more of a hia...

I have a new project. My sister spent a great deal of time making a family tree for all of us in honor of our parent's Golden Wedding Anniversary. It turned out great.

Now, I am not quite of the older generation, but I am getting close to that stage, so I thought to myself that I really don't know stories beyond my own grandparents live's as they related to me. This family tree goes pretty deep and well, it would be a shame to miss out on stories that someone still remembers.

So I am on a quest for my family's stories. I have started writing to aunts and uncles and have asked them to write/type/record stories that they remember about their grandparents. I hope to weave these stories together with a little book my grandmother Helen Shannon wrote about 25 years ago called "A Western Love Affair" about her and Grandpa Cecil's lives in New Mexico and Colorado. Perhaps I can give a bit of honor to their memories and gather up a bit of our history.

I have no illusions of grandeur about this project, but I do have visions of capturing a bit more of my family's journey across America.

Wish me luck.