Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day! (does that need an apastrophe? ;) )

My grandfather Wilson Mayfield's middle name was Valentine. He was born on Christmas Day in 1902. So Valentine's day is pretty cool in my house.

My Wilson Mayfield (he of the blue tongue) gave me and Carla the best little Valentine surprise this morning!
$1.10 and 5 kisses and the greatest note ever!!!!!!!
Later in the day, a few cookies were delivered to Holyoke School 3A.

When I got home, I found a couple of great letters in the mail!

Tami always sends great letters. She always asks the right questions that cause me to respond with many answers. So, I immediately sat and wrote a response, this time with many of my own questions!

Also, I received a fantastic letter from Vicki! Vicki and I have so many interests in common and well, we both have teenagers and young adults in our lives. So we have ALOT to talk about.
Vicki is one of those mail arty types. Her handmade envelope is outstanding!

And lest you think that I spent this romantic day writing to other women...this is the first thing I wrote this morning.
Carla said it was much better than flowers! I guess old EBB knew what she wrote about.














3 comments:

  1. The Valentine to your Carla was simply lovely. So there are still romantic guys out there - good for her!!!

    Peace,
    Vicki

    PS:Thanks for showing my letter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, thanks for keeping the romance in Valentine's Day, Troy! I woke to chocolate and a card from my hubby as well. After almost 30 years, how nice to have a Valentine sleeping next to you that you like this much. And hey, glad I ask the right questions and that you enjoyed my letter. Thanks for sharing it. Hey Vicki, I have kids and teens too--wanna another penpal?

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tami,
    I would love another penpal. Shoot me an email at deedee396@yahoo.com and we can go from there. Not sure how to find your email or I would contact you.

    Thanks,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete