Saturday, February 25, 2012

Noodler's Flex Nib Fountain Pen

I took leave of my senses last week and ordered two new Noodler's Flex pens from Goulet Pens. They arrived yesterday. So I patiently unwrapped the package and got those bad boys out.
This is a green demonstrator.
This is a simple black pen.

I thought I would begin by writing a bit with my older Noodler's Flex Nib pen. I believe this was made in 2010.


These are not expensive fountain pens. They retail for $14.00 each. I know that may seem expensive to non fountain pen users, but trust me, this is dirt cheap. Plus, I can change the ink and feel like I have a new pen every time that I refill.



4 comments:

  1. How would you compare them to the Ahab? I know the Ahab is a larger pen, but flex and feed wise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a finer nib, so the fine lines are tinier, however, they are similar to the Ahab in that you can really run through some ink. My older one is a little drier writing, but as you can see from the bottom photo, it will railroad more. The new pens have feeds that look very similar to Ahab feeds, so they seem to put more ink out as well. I've only had a little railroading thus far, but of course, I've only had them for 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think that they flex better than the Ahab. My Ahab doesn't really flex much at all, just pours out ink in a monolithic thick line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention :) The original flexes are still the best deal at $14. They don't hold ink like the Ahab or Konrad, but they sure are fun to play with and they're so inexpensive compared to non-Noodler's flex alternatives!

    ReplyDelete